Be yourself, be authentic. It is hard to copy someone else and be a great leader.
All great leaders do three things exceptionally well:
- Think and communicate clearly
- Show great judgement about people. Develop intuition about people
- Have exceptional personal integrity and commitment
Take time every day or every other day to think. An hour of thinking immensely helps.
Trust is a leader’s most important success metric. In a 360 degrees sense. In all that you do, optimize for trust.
Buffet’s life lessons:
- Love the work that you do
- Stop your ‘thumb-sucking’ – It’s stalling, procrastinating and avoiding something that may have been your best bet to begin with to reach your goals.
- Don’t judge yourself by other people’s standards – follow your “Inner Scorecard”, which defines your own standards and not what the world imposes on you.
3 things to do to keep your startup going:
- Do it right the first-time – don’t necessarily need to be perfect, but do it right way
- Do it fast
- Have fun